OCQ(V) - CA (Companion Animals)
- The work of APHA in this area, including exports/imports; the regulation of Notifiable Disease and animal welfare
- The legal and professional requirements on all vets to undertake certification in full compliance with the 10 Principles of Certification at all times, avoiding conflicts of interest, including the potential consequences of irregular certification.
- Actions which should be taken by any vet, considering or suspecting Notifiable Disease as a differential diagnosis.
- The general principles of international trade with particular reference to variation of procedural and documentary requirements related to country of destination and species.
- Legal, professional, APHA and destination country requirements and procedures relevant to the OV undertaking export certification, including detailed coverage of roles and responsibilities; the export process from application to completion of travel; meeting documentary, health and welfare requirements; completion of export certification and the use of the APHA website and OV Instructions for Exports as a source of information and guidance.
- The scope and rules of the Pet Travel Scheme with detailed consideration of legal, professional and APHA requirements related to PETS preparation procedures and the development of skills required for the resolution of queries/problems.
- The legal and professional responsibilities OV's relating to safeguarding the welfare of companion animals and pet birds presented for export.
- Familiarisation with the Defra, APHA and other websites providing relevant information to refresh knowledge.
The OCQ(V) – CA module is a self-contained qualification specifically designed for companion animal vets. You are not required to undertake the OCQ(V) – ES and OCQ(V) – EX modules prior to this training since the essential skills and guidance on export certification and procedures elements relevant to companion animal vets are included within it.
You are required to undergo revalidation every five years.
NEW. OCQ(V) – EQ. (Equine) is available for enrolment
The equine export qualification OCQ(V) – EQ is now available. Specialist Equine OVs who hold OCQ(V) – UX can select either UX OR EQ at revalidation. Please contact Improve International on 0330 202 0380 if you would like to be transferred from UX to EQ for your revalidation.
Veterinary Practice magazine
Veterinary Practice magazine is home to the Official Vet column, providing OVs with the latest news and updates from APHA and Improve International as well as featuring interesting articles on topics relevant to the industry.
How to gain an OCQ(V) qualification and become an OV
Register online to gain access to OCQ(V) training and revalidation
2018 OV Conference dates announced, Sept 19 & 20
Register now for exclusive discounted rates. Book here.