Tuberculin Testing revalidation
What does the OCQ(V) - TTr (Tuberculin Testing revalidation) involve?
To complete the revalidation process for Tuberculin Testing, you will be required to:
- Enrol on the revalidation course from your Personal Training Dashboard. This will cost £99 + VAT.
- Complete the pre-course self-evaluation.
- Complete the online training course on Moodle. This equates to 3 hours of CPD.
- Complete the post-course self-evaluation.
- Nominate an invigilator, who must then accept their role.
- Pass the online examination. This will comprise of 10 multiple choice questions to be completed in 30 minutes.
- Update your CPD log. You must document at least 10 hours of relevant CPD that you have undertaken over the course of the last revalidation cycle.
- Complete 3 scenario exercises or case logs. Each exercise/case log can contribute up to 1 hour towards your CPD requirements.
- Sign the final declarations.
Click here to view a flowchart illustrating the various steps in the OCQ(V) - TTr revalidation process.
Click here to view a document listing the requirements for OCQ(V) - TTr in greater detail, and giving instructions on what you should do if you are unable to meet the requirements.
Tuberculin Testing revalidation timings
- Revalidation for the OCQ(V) - TT (Tuberculin Testing) qualification is due every 4 years.*
- You will begin to receive email reminders from 6 months before your revalidation due date. It is your responsibility to ensure that your email address is kept up to date so that you will receive these reminders.
- You may enrol on the revalidation course and start the revalidation process at any time. There will be a 6-month window before the expiry date, in which you can complete the revalidation (by signing the declarations) without changing your future revalidation date.
Useful facts for OCQ(V) - TTr
- You are required to complete 3 scenario exercises or case logs for this revalidation course.
- You must log at least 10 hours of CPD from the last 4 years that is relevant to Tuberculin Testing. This can include the 3 hours gained from completing the online training, and 1 hour for each of the 3 scenario exercises/case logs completed.
- If your OCQ(V) - TT is expired or suspended, you must not use it until authorisation has been granted again.
- The cost of the revalidation course is £99 + VAT.
- Should you fail the online examination, you will have 2 opportunities to retake it. The cost of each retake is £49 + VAT.
- There is a process of internal verification for 10% of candidates. ISVPS will conduct this within 1 month of completion of revalidation requirements.
- You must have had either a successful APHA or VDP audit OR a Peer Review in the last 4 years. If you are arranging for a colleague to undertake a Peer Review of your testing, you must nominate them on your Personal Training Dashboard. They will then receive a short online course from Improve International explaining the review process. We advise that you make arrangements with your colleague in good time so that they are able to study the course and arrange to join you at a suitable test. After the TB test has been conducted in the presence of your Peer Reviewer, you must upload the report with your scenarios/case logs.
* The only exceptions to the 4-year revalidation cycle are those who had already studied and been awarded the OCQ(V) - TT before 31st January 2019, whose revalidation will be due 3 years from the date that they passed the online exam and completed the declarations. However, for those who were awarded or have revalidated the OCQ(V) - TT since 31st January 2019, your first revalidation will be due 4 years from the date that you passed your online exam and completed your declarations.
START A NEW OCQ(V)
ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE