Tuberculin Testing revalidation
What does the OCQ(V) - TTr (Tuberculin Testing revalidation) involve?
To complete the revalidation process for Tuberculin Testing, you will be required to:
- Enrol on the revalidation course from your Personal Training Dashboard. This will cost £99 + VAT.
- Complete the pre-course self-evaluation.
- Complete the online training course on Moodle. This equates to eight hours of CPD.
- Complete the post-course self-evaluation.
- Nominate an invigilator, who must then accept their role.
- Pass the online examination. This will comprise of 15 multiple choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes.
- Complete three scenario exercises. The CPD for these is included in the total course allowance.
- Sign the final declarations.
Click here to view a document listing the requirements for OCQ(V) - TTr in greater detail, and giving instructions on what you should do if you are unable to meet the requirements.
There are certain circumstances where it may not be possible to complete the OCQ(V) revalidation within the specified deadline. APHA have provided information on extensions and exemptions on the Vet Gateway.
For vets whose OCQ(V) - TT authorisation has expired within the previous four years, the requirement to repeat the practical training and assessment for reauthorisation may be waived. Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis. Evidence of any TB audit carried out in the past four years must be provided with the application.
In order to request an extension or an exemption, you will need to fill in the TR588 form that can be found at the bottom of this page on the APHA Vet Gateway (please note: there are guidance notes on the last page, which give further information on the circumstances in which extensions or exemptions are granted).
Tuberculin Testing revalidation timings
- Revalidation for the OCQ(V) - TT (Tuberculin Testing) qualification is due every four years.
- You will begin to receive email reminders from six months before your revalidation due date. It is your responsibility to ensure that your email address is kept up to date so that you will receive these reminders.
- You may enrol on the revalidation course and start the revalidation process at any time. There will be a six-month window before the revalidation due date, in which you can complete the revalidation (by signing the declarations) without changing your future revalidation date.
- If you do not revalidate by the revalidation due date, your authorisation will be suspended for up to six months, during which time you must not use the qualification but may still revalidate.
- If you do not revalidate within the six months after your revalidation due date, your authorisation will be expired and you will have to complete the full qualification if you wish to regain your authorisation.
Useful facts for OCQ(V) - TTr
- You are required to complete three scenario exercises for this revalidation course.
- If your OCQ(V) - TT is expired or suspended, you must not use it until authorisation has been granted again.
- The cost of the revalidation course is £99 + VAT.
- There is a link to Essential Skills revalidation content within the TTr course. There is no requirement to complete this ESr content to record completion of your TTr course but you must make sure that your Essential Skills knowledge is up to date at all times.
- The online examination will comprise of ten questions specific to Tuberculin Testing, and five Essential Skills questions.
- Should you fail the online examination, you will have two opportunities to retake it. The cost of each retake is £49 + VAT.
- There is a process of internal verification for 10% of candidates. ISVPS will conduct this within one month of completion of revalidation requirements.
- You must have had either a successful APHA or VDP audit OR a Peer Review in the last four years. If you are arranging for a colleague to undertake a Peer Review of your testing, you must nominate them on your Personal Training Dashboard. They will then receive a short online course from Improve International explaining the review process. We advise that you make arrangements with your colleague in good time so that they are able to study the course and arrange to join you at a suitable test. After the TB test has been conducted in the presence of your Peer Reviewer, you must upload the report with your scenario exercises.
Counts of OVs Authorised by APHA in GB
START A NEW OCQ(V)
ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE